- 1 pound Chicken boneless-skinless thigh, or breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lemons large, fresh, juiced, about 4 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5-Spice gluten free optional
- 2 ounce(s) Green Onion or 2 whole, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 3 ounce(s) Onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger grated
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 24 ounce(s) Broccoli Florettes or 3 cups
- 1 lemons 4 ounces, thinly sliced
Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, 5-Spice powder, and green onion. Add the chopped chicken, stir to coat, and let sit for 10 minutes.
In a wok or large skillet, melt the coconut oil and saute the garlic, onions, and ginger for several minutes.
Add the chicken mixture and cook on high heat for about 3-4 minutes, then add the chicken broth, turn the heat down, cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Steam the broccoli florets for 10 minutes. covered. Add broccoli to chicken mixture and cook another 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the broccoli is tender.
Garnish with lemon slices, or if you prefer, lemon slices can be added with 1-2 minutes left to cook.