- 4 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 8 ounce(s) Celery sliced
- 1 ounce(s) Onion chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 ounce(s) Kale stems discarded, leaves torn (8 cups)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 31 ounce(s) No-Salt-Added Cannellini Beans 15.5 oz can, rinsed
- 8 ounce(s) Pasta or 1 cup, small soup pasta (tubettini, ditalini, orzo)
- 1/2 lemons medium, fresh, juiced, about 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoon(s) Parmesan cheese Grated; plus 1 in rind (optional)
- 1 Whole Wheat Bagel 2 slices, cut in halves
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, celery, onion, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
Add the beans, pasta, kale, rosemary, 8 cups water, and Parmesan rind (if using). Cover and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until the pasta and kale are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
Remove the Parmesan rind. Stir in the lemon juice and sprinkle with the shaved Parmesan before serving. Serve with the bread.