These fragrant Indian-spiced tempeh pita is packed with flavor, stuffed into a pita and topped with yogurt sauce and veggies!
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Tempeh
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Garam Masala Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Kosher Salt
- 3/4 cup(s) Almond Dream Plain Yogurt (Non Dairy)
- 1/2 ounce(s) Cilantro Fresh
- 1 lemons large, fresh, juiced, about 2 tablespoons
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper to taste
- 4 Whole Wheat Pita Bread 6-inch, warmed
- 8 ounce(s) Romaine Lettuce shredded
- 12 ounce(s) Cherry Tomatoes or 1 basket
- 2 ounce(s) Red Onion or 1/4 cup, thinly sliced
Preheat grill to medium-high or position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler. If grilling, oil the grill rack. If broiling, coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon garam masala and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place the chicken on the grill rack or prepared pan and cook until no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 4 to 8 minutes per side, depending on the size of the breast. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine cucumber, yogurt, cilantro (or mint), lemon juice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Thinly slice the chicken. Split open the warm pitas and fill with the chicken, yogurt sauce, lettuce, tomato and onion.
Indian Spiced Chicken Pitas
Amount Per Serving (356g)
Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10.6g
Saturated Fat 1.8g
Total Carbohydrates 52.1g
Dietary Fiber 6.3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.