These vegetarian portobello, broccoli, and red pepper melts are like mini pizzas. They are great for parties too!
- 10 ounce(s) Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounce(s) Portobello Mushrooms or 4 large, stems removed and sliced
- 12 ounce(s) Red Bell Pepper (2 peppers), sliced
- 2 ounce(s) Light Mayonnaise
- 1 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 4 slice(s) Whole Wheat Bread use thick slices
- 4 ounce(s) Gouda slices
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Pepper to taste
Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. On a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, toss broccoli with oil; season with salt and pepper. Broil, tossing once or twice, until broccoli begins to char, 4 to 6 minutes.
Add mushrooms and bell peppers to sheet; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Broil, tossing once or twice, until vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes more; set aside.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Place bread on a work surface. Dividing evenly, spread with mayonnaise mixture, and top with vegetables, then cheese. Place on baking sheet, and broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Portobello, Broccoli, And Red-Pepper Melts
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16g
Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 24g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.