These crunchy lettuce wraps are light, delicious and bursting with flavor! They make the perfect low carb dish paired with healthy sides.
- 24 ounce(s) Firm Tofu cubed
- 2 teaspoon(s) Sesame Oil divided
- 2 ounce(s) Fresh White Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) water chestnuts drained, sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 12 ounce(s) Carrot(s) or 3 large, shredded
- 12 ounce(s) Boston bibb lettuce leaves
- 3 ounce(s) Green Onion julienned
- 2 tablespoon(s) Rice Vinegar
- 3 teaspoon(s) Fresh Ginger root, raw
- 1 tablespoon(s) Hoisin Sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemongrass
To make filling: Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, lemongrass, and garlic. Cook 7 to 10 minutes, or until onions are soft and beginning to brown. Add red pepper flakes and stir to blend. Add rice vinegar, stir.
Add water chestnuts, mushrooms, and carrots, stir. Add tofu, breaking tofu into small crumbles; cook 4 minutes, or until heated through.
Stir in soy sauce and hoisin sauce to the filling. Fill each lettuce leaf with 3 tablespoons of filling.
Asian Lettuce Wraps
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5.8g
Saturated Fat 0.7g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 9.5g
Dietary Fiber 2.1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.